Thanks for joining us for our review of Research.fm.
Radio stations need help to improve their services, and our review will explain how you can be a part of that process as a member of the Research.fm platform.
Radio stations want to present the type of shows that interest you, and they’ll reward you for sharing your input. As a member of Research.fm, you will get paid simply for listening to music and providing your opinion.
But how much will you get paid for your time? And what are The Pros and Cons likely to be should you decide to join? This is what we will be finding out, but first let’s take a look at how things work…
Update…According to the Research.fm website the reward system is no longer operating.
How Research.fm. Works
To participate in Research.fm, you’ll first need to create an account.
Signing up is easy, and free. You’ll need to be invited, use a referral code, or join via one of their opt-in promotions. You’ll be required to give your email address after being invited to join.
Next, the platform will send you invitations for surveys. You choose whether you want to complete the survey, and if you qualify, you’ll be paid for providing feedback via this channel.
Some participants are first made aware of the panel when they receive an invitation to join from a member of the team. They may receive a call and be invited to participate in surveys via their phone.
In this case, they will still need to submit their email address, and click on the included verification link in the invitation that they are sent.
Surveys are related to consumer preferences. For example, you’ll be asked about the type of music you want to hear. Questions will help radio stations to develop morning shows that suit you, or match DJs to the right time of day.
Most surveys will require you to first listen to a sample of music. You can use either your Android or iOS device to do this. This sample is placed on their secure server. You’ll be asked to rate the sample according to different criteria.
Files may also be given in a video format, but all files can usually be opened with a trusted browser such as Opera, Safari, or Chrome. The frequency of the surveys varies.
Sometimes you’ll receive an invitation when a survey is being conducted in your community, and you can help to make local radio stations better.
Panelists are rewarded with gift cards. These are from Amazon, so they can be used to purchase almost anything that you want.
How much can you Earn With Research.fm?
Research.fm pays comparatively well for surveys, although the amount they actually pay for each survey isn’t disclosed until you join the panel.
There is likely be more frequent survey opportunities if you live in an area where there are a lot of radio stations. So ultimately it is your location that will affect your earning potential, which makes it difficult to say with any certainty how much you will make with this panel.
Feedback from Users
Research.fm users find the surveys interesting, but some may stop participating after a time if they reduce their listening hours, or their radio listening habits are adjusted in other ways.
Users like the amount of pay that they make with these surveys.
What Are The Pros?
- Research.fm makes it easy to participate in surveys on both iOS and Android devices, once these allow you to play audio.
- Surveys come in different formats, so while sometimes you may be required to watch a video, at other tines you can just listen to an audio file.
- Since they often initiate contact, there are less complaints from.panelists about not being qualified for surveys.
- The surveys are easy and interesting. The pay per survey is good, although panelists may not all receive surveys often.
What Are The Cons?
- Research.fm only works with panelists who are located in the United States, and unless you have a referral code or join via another promotion, you have to wait to be invited by phone.
- The number of surveys that you get will vary based on your location.
- You won’t be paid in cash, but will receive a versatile gift card.
- People who listen to local radio stations frequently will have an advantage with this panel. You may find that some questions are easier to answer, since you’ll have knowledge of local content.
Some Final Thoughts
Research.fm makes it easy for consumers to help determine what type of content radio stations will produce.
Any adult in the United States can have a say once they are invited. They’ll always be rewarded for doing so.
You can participate in surveys at any time. If you want to watch a video clip at the beach, and then give your feedback, you are free to do so.
This is an easy way to earn rewards, while making media better for yourself and others.
Have you tried Research.fm? If so and you want to share your experience then please leave a comment below.
Star Rating 3/5-A legit platform that offers a fun way to earn online. The opportunities however may be limited by your geographical location.