Welcome to our review of Crestock. In our review we will be investigating how you can sell your photos using this platform. There are a lot of places like Crestock now where you can showcase your photography work and make money by selling illustrations, vectors and photos.
So if you have been checking out reviews and considering a few of the available platforms, our review will give you a good idea as to how Crestock matches up to the rest.
So regardless of whether you are an amateur or professional photographer, sit tight as we run through all you need to know about the Crestock platform…..
There are affiliate links on this page. Thanks for your support disclosure
What is good about Crestock is that it is a platform that rewards you for being a longstanding member. As the total number of your submissions grows, your royalty rate increases from 20% to 40%. Royalties from your photos are credited immediately in many cases.
How to sell photos with Crestock
Crestock contributors can sell business photos, children’s book illustrations and many other types of profitable images via the platform. All of the images that you sell will be used by the buyer as they choose and you will not be able to collect royalties from them.
You can create an account in minutes and click the upload tab to submit your best images. You can upload images individually, but to save time, you can upload in bulk by using FTP. The images are then reviewed.
You will be notified by email once your work has been accepted, and a portfolio will be created for you. Unfortunately however the site can be overwhelmed by submissions and it can take months before your work is available to clients.
Perhaps in way to minimise the wait, new contributors can only upload 10 images in one week. Make sure that your submissions display your best work, since if all of them are not accepted, you will not be able to apply again.
People who need images can search for them by using the tool located at the top of the homepage. This means that the keywords you use to tag your images are very important. Make sure that they closely match what buyers would use when searching for images like yours.
Images downloaded through subscription pay at a low rate. A beginner can earn $0.25 for an individual image, while an established contributor can earn $0.40. You can get your first payout from the site when your balance reaches $50.
Crestock does not charge you anything in upfront payments. You can create an account for free and start sharing your work with potential clients. Costs are applied when you make a sale.
Most photos on the site are priced at $5 and up. The royalty is only 20% for a beginner, so you could sell a photo for $100 and only get $20. That means they take out a significant amount for costs after you have started making sales.
They also have a good referral program and photographers can earn well through that. You are not charged for joining or using the referral program, and your earnings do not have a cap during the eligible period. That means you could earn significantly by referring clients who buy a lot of photos for advertising or other business purposes.
What Are The Pros?
- This stock photo agency has several useful guides that will help you to earn more. They show you how to describe your images, use FTP, and earn more by focusing on specific topics.
- The site provides your first payout once you reach $50, and if you get 7 to 10 downloads through subscription per day, you would reach that in a month, even as a beginner.
- Two reliable options are available for payment. You can choose from PayPal cash or Skrill.
- In addition to earning cash directly from your own images, you can also earn through referrals. You earn from both contributors and customers that you recruit, with the site paying 20% of all sales from your referred clients for six months. This increases the frequency of your payouts.
What Are The Cons?
- Crestock has limited licensing solutions. Photographers can only sell their work as royalty-free pictures, so you have to price each image to account for the loss of potential future revenue.
- Crestock will decide whether your images are suitable for the site. They are not very speedy about this process, so you could wait a long time just to learn that your work was rejected.
Earn Up To An Extra $300 Per Month Using The Following Platforms
- Earn Gift Gard Rewards And Cash Back On Your Shopping With SwagBucks
- Get Paid To Play Games Online With MistPlay
- Earn Easy Cash Simply Listening To Music With Current Rewards
- Get Paid To Write Short Song Reviews With SliceThePie
Some Final Thoughts
Crestock is one of several platforms that are suitable for photographers and illustrators who want to sell their work. Submitting your photos and designs there could help you to reach more clients.
The site has areas that need to be improved, that would make then more contributor friendly. Despite that, they can be a useful option for reaching additional markets. With some patience and some work you can earn on this platform and promote your brand too.
Star Rating 3/5- A good platform for selling Photos, however you may think the costs are a little high. There are also delays waiting for confirmation that your photos have been approved.
Make Money With Your Own Photography Website
We believe the best way to make money with your photography is with your own website. By having your own online presence with a website, you will open up the opportunity to create multiple income streams.
By sharing your passion and knowledge about what you love, a website can become a reliable and sustainable source of income. Not only can you showcase your work, you can write about all the latest products relating to photography. When you do this you can recommend the products you love, and when someone buys via your site you pick up regular commissions on each sale.
This is called affiliate marketing and it’s easy to get started.
It is completely free to join and you get a free website, free training and support to get you started.
To find out more simply follow This Link