Welcome to our review of Freelancer. Chances are you have already heard of this long established platform designed, as the name suggests, for freelancers who wish to work independently and at locations of their choosing.
Having a more flexible working life is becoming more essential for many busy professionals worldwide. Often people not only have to find time for their professional lives, they have to juggle with their busy family lives too.
Earning from home however allows you to stay close to your family, and that has become a major priority for many freelancers.
So if you’re looking to build a career as an online freelancer to fit your professional life around you, our Freelancer Review will show you how to find jobs that match your qualifications.
There are affiliate links on this page. Thanks for your support disclosure
This platform has been around for a number of years, and they cater to freelancers who work in several areas. Since it is an established platform, employers frequently use it to search for remote workers who can assist with their projects.
How Freelancer Works
Once you create an account on Freelancer, you can submit a bid for any job that you are interested in.
Creating an account is easy, and involves submitting information on the skills that you have.
The jobs that are posted on the site can be for employers who are located anywhere in the world. They don’t require you to come in for meetings, so you can work from any location. Some may require you to meet regularly via Skype, or a similar medium.
The profile that you create is important, and should contain as much information as possible about your skills. For example, if you are a graphic designer, give specific details on what you can do.
For example you should list package design, logo design, letterhead design, and so on. If you only put graphic design, your profile may not show in a search that uses keywords related to logo design.
The site charges you a percentage of the money that you earn on every project. They charge 10% of the money you earn on hourly and fixed price projects. If you offer a service, they take 20% of your fee.
Freelancers who are just starting out can submit eight bids a month. To submit more, you will need to sign up for a paid account. This means you are charged twice.
How much can you earn from Freelancer?
Freelancer has many different categories for remote workers, including translation and graphic design. The pay is different for each, and freelancers will charge different rates depending on their qualifications.
If you work in an area where there are many freelancers, that will drive down the general price of the service you offer. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t charge an appropriate fee for your services, but you have to choose clients who are the right fit for you.
The site regularly sends out emails when jobs are posted that fit your profile. This is a really encouraging aspect of the site, and can prod you to keep exploring your options.
What Are The Pros?
- Freelancer makes it easy to choose projects that are of interest to you, so you never get bored.
- You can set your work hours, so you can homeschool your children or participate in other activities, and still earn.
- The site has an app which makes it easy to manage your projects. You can monitor your progress on each one, check the details quickly, and communicate with employers. This makes it easy to stay organized without using additional tools. You can take snapshots at each stage and send them to your own external file, or to an employer’s mobile device.
What Are The Cons?
- Freelancer has many people working on it, so getting your first few jobs can seem like a bit of a challenge. There are ways to deal with this, but you have to be patient and persistent to be successful here.
- You may encounter the occasional scammer, so evaluate jobs carefully before you apply.
- Freelancers are paid in different currencies, and the site charges an exchange fee when they convert earnings from one currency to another.
- If a freelancer does not use the site for a while, they may be charged an inactive fee.
Earn Up To An Extra $300 Per Month Using The Following Platforms
- Earn Gift Gard Rewards And Cash Back On Your Shopping With SwagBucks
- Get Paid To Play Games Online With MistPlay
- Earn Easy Cash Simply Listening To Music With Current Rewards
- Get Paid To Write Short Song Reviews With SliceThePie
Some Final Thoughts
Freelancer allows you to establish a better work-life balance than you would by working in some settings.
The flexibility of the jobs allows you to spend time with your loved ones, gain qualifications in new areas, or pursue other activities.
If you gain several regular clients who you work with long term, it can provide you with a level of job security. Since this platform is well known, a lot of jobs are listed every day, so you always have interesting options for earning money.
Payments are made via PayPal when a project is completed.
Have you worked with Freelancer? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments below.
Star Rating 3/5-A good and long established platform for freelancers to find work.
Our Top Rated Platform
Working With Sites like Freelancer can provide you with a flexible way to work and earn money online.
However, if you want to experience the ultimate flexible way to work online, with no deadlines to meet, then you should consider affiliate marketing.
With an affiliate marketing business, you choose the hours you want to work, and the hours you don’t.
When your business is well established, you can even make money while you are asleep. That’s not to say you don’t have to work hard to get to that stage, because like any business, you have to put the effort in before you can reap the rewards.
Owning an affiliate website however, which is from where a lot of affiliate marketers earn their money, can provide you with multiple income streams.
Over time the income streams work completely on autopilot, because you have no direct dealings with any customers. You will simply earn commission on sales made via your website using affiliate links.
Affiliate Marketing is a long established, and effect way to make money online. Potentially it can be very lucrative, with some affiliates earning six figure incomes yearly.
Our Top Rated Training Program teaches people how to easily set up and build an affiliate marketing business that can be run entirely from a website.
It is completely free to join and you get a free website, free training and support to get you started.
To find out more just follow THIS LINK