Thanks for joining us today for a review of the crowd sourcing website microWorkers.
In our review we will be finding out what you need to know about this platform, what you can earn, and what the pros and cons are likely to be should you decide to join.
This post has affiliate links. Thank you for your support. disclosure
What Is Microworkers?
Microworkers is considered as an alternative to the Mechanical Turk platform. It pays workers to carry out quick tasks or ‘microjobs’. There are many types of jobs you can carry out, here are some of them;
- Adding Comments
- Downloading Apps
- Forum Participation
- Testing Websites
- Carrying Out Searches
- Writing Articles
How Microworkers Works
Once you join Microworkers simply click the Task Link which will then display the tasks, how long you have to complete the tasks and what you will earn by completing it. As an incentive bonus will get awarded $1 for signing up.
Before you can cash out however you will need to earn another $9. When you request a withdrawal for the first time you will be sent a PIN via the post. This unfortunately can take between 1-4 weeks to arrive. Once the PIN is received and you enter it, you will receive payment quickly.
The reason microWorkers do this is to verify you as a worker and also to prevent multiple accounts. You are paid via PayPal, Dwolla or Moneybookers. Please note however, there is a percentage fee charged for each withdrawal.
Categories Of Jobs
There are 2 types of jobs ‘Basic’ and ‘Hire’. The Basic jobs everyone is qualified to do, however with the Hire jobs the requesters that hire people from the site choose those who are best qualified.
You can build up your reputation by performing well at tasks so that you can improve your microWorkers Success Rate.
How Much Can You Earn At Microworkers?
Jobs can pay anything up to $5 depending upon the length of time required to carry out the tasks.
The highest earning members on the site can average around $200 per month, however it isn’t likely you will get near to this when you begin as you will have to build a reputation.
There are mixed reviews from users about Microworkers
Some users are happy with their experience and their earnings. Others however complain about the lengthy payout procedure, and others about not being able to get paid at all. Some complain of a lack of available jobs and that limits what they can earn.
- Can You Earn $9 Per Hour With ClickWorker? Find out By Reading Our ClickWorker Review
- Can You Earn $15 Per Task At Picoworkers? Check Out Our PicoWorkers Review
- Is RemoTasks The Best Micro Tasking Site? Find Out By Reading Our Remotasks Review
- How Much Can You Earn Per Task With RapidWorkers? Check Out Our Rapidworkers Review
- Try to choose tasks that you know you are good at.
- Ensure that you complete tasks properly to ensure that you get your success rate up.
What Are The Pros?
- A convenient way to earn a small side income from home.
- Free to join and you get $1 just for signing up
- Different payment options
- No qualifying tests to do for the tasks
- Website has a nice interface that is easy to navigate
What Are The Cons?
- Low paid work
- It can take some time to withdraw your first payment as you will have to wait up to 4 weeks for the PIN to arrive by post.
- A fee is charged for withdrawing your cash.
- Your Income will be determined by how well you carry out tasks.
- Complaints about lack of available tasks.
Earn An Extra $300 Every Month Using All Our Top Rated Platforms
- Earn Gift Gard Rewards And Cash Back On Your Shopping With SwagBucks
- Get Paid To Play Games Online With MistPlay
- Earn Easy Cash Simply Listening To Music With Current Rewards
- Get Paid To Write Short Song Reviews With SliceThePie
Final Thoughts On Microworkers
MicroWorkers is a legit platform that pay you for the jobs you are given. Unfortunately however this is only a small side income opportunity, you will not be able to create a full time income from this site alone.
If you carry out the tasks well however, and this is better achieved by sticking to jobs you know you are good at, then you should be able to increase your earnings. We think you get the most out of sites like Microworkers when you have a realistic view as to what the earning potential is.
Do you have any experience of working with microWorkers? If you do please leave a comment below if you wish to share your experiences, I will be very happy to hear from you.
Star Rating 3/5-A good platform that is reputable. The Income potential is however is quite low, although it can be increased by ensuring you perform the tasks accurately and efficiently. Given the complaints we found from users regarding payment however, we advise that you cash out as early as possible.
Is Microworkers the right choice for you?
That depends on what you want to achieve online. From our research it appears that the Microworkers platform is legit, but nonetheless it is only likely to develop into a small side income. You wouldn’t be able to rely on this platform to pay your bills.
However, if you want to aim higher and build a sustainable online business, then I recommend that you instead take a look at my number 1 recommended platform for making money online.
It has been teaching people with simple step by step instructions, how to create a website business without any previous knowledge or experience.
It is completely free to join and you are given a free website to get you started. There is also free training available too, along with all the support you need to get your business up and running.
This is a genuine business opportunity, so of course there is some work involved. The time you spend however, building your business, will be very well spent.
So if you’re tired of giving up too much of your valuable time for small returns, and want to start investing your time instead, then just click on This Link