How Much Can You Earn With The Smart Crowd? A Review
Thanks for checking out our review of The Smart Crowd.
Many people these days are looking for micro jobs online, and our review will explain how this particular micro jobs platform works .
You can earn by completing a variety of small tasks, and you don’t need to stick to a specific schedule.
However, how much can you potentially earn on the Smart Crowd platform? Is it really going to be worth your time? This is what we will be finding out, but first let’s take a look at how things work…
How The Smart Crowd Works
The Smart Crowd can be accessed on your mobile device. You can register for an account with your name, email, and location. You’ll also need to create a password.
Registration is free, and must be done before you can complete tasks from the site. A confirmation email will be sent to your email. Once you click on the link in that, you can proceed.
Evaluation tests must be completed by each new member. These indicate your level of proficiency with different tasks. Once you have shown what jobs you’re good at, the site will send you tasks based on your skills.
Successful completion of evaluation tests in many areas gives you access to more tasks. Jobs are placed on the platform after being subdivided. Most were originally larger tasks when clients submitted them.
How much can you Earn with The Smart Crowd?
The Smart Crowd pays you according to the task that you complete. You can earn around $5 for the tasks that pay at the lower end of the scale. The tasks on this platform that pay well, can provide you with around $35 each.
The evaluation tests will determine the level of access that you have to different tasks. If you want access to a range of tasks that pay well, you’ll need to perform well in the evaluation tests.
You cannot select as many tasks as you wish. Emails are sent to you with invitations to complete the tasks that you are qualified for. If you wish to earn a lot on the site, you’ll need to take the process seriously from the start, and do your best in the tests. The tests can only be done once.
Whenever you receive a job offer, you can apply for it. You never have to apply if you cannot complete it. You might get an offer three or four times a week, but that is dependent on availability.
Most of the jobs that are available are in the data entry category. These usually pay around $5, so if you complete four of those per week, you’ll increase your income by $20. Jobs that pay more are also available in other categories, although these are not available as regularly.
People who have good language skills will earn the most on this site. Jobs that involve interpretation and translation can add $35 to your income. If you do four of those in a,week, you’ll increase your income by $140.
The Smart Crowd does not always have tasks available, and this is an area that members complain about. Otherwise, many like the flexibility of working on the site, and the fact that they always get their pay within the stipulated time.
What Are The Pros?
- The Smart Crowd has different tasks, and the amount that you can earn from each varies. If you have a specific income goal in mind, you can try to qualify for jobs that help you to reach that goal more quickly.
- The site actually has been around for a while. It was formerly known as Virtual Bee. It is owned by Lionbridge, a company which is listed on NASDAQ..
- Interpreting and, data entry are just some of the categories that are available on the site. You can even do transcription tasks.
What Are The Cons?
- The Smart Crowd specifically caters to people who want micro jobs, and while micro jobs are flexible, they don’t usually pay a lot. You’ll need to do a lot of tasks to get a significant amount of money.
- This is not a remote platform where you can be hired by a company. That means that no benefits are available as there would be for salaried individuals. You won’t receive any overtime pay, and tasks are not always available.
Check Out More Micro Tasking Platform Reviews
Some Final Thoughts
If doing short tasks appeals to you, this is one way to find several that may suit your goals. You’ll earn money that can help you with your bills, and do so on a schedule that is right for you.
Have you tried The Smart Crowd? If so and you want to share your experience with us then please leave a comment below.
Star Rating 3/5-An established micro tasking platform that has some comparatively high paying tasks. They may however be few and far between.