Is American Consumer Opinion Legit? A Review
Today I’m taking a close look at a survey platform called American Consumer Opinion.
This Panel is available to most people across the globe, despite the name maybe making you think otherwise.
This review will find out what others are saying about the panel, how things work, and what the pros and cons are.
What Is American Consumer Opinion?
American Consumer Opinion is an online panel that boasts of having over eight million members worldwide. It is operated by a company called Decision Analyst an American market research company from Arlington Texas.
American Consumer Opinion has been operating online since 1996.
The panel offers you the chance to earn some extra cash by doing the following
- Completing Surveys
- Teen Surveys
- Product Testing
- Referring others to the site
If you think the time is right for you to make serious money online, then you ought to take a look at a platform that can help you make it happen FIND OUT MORE
I have marked American Consumer Opinion out of 5 on 3 criteria that I consider to be important considerations when deciding which survey panel to choose.
2 out of 5
The best way to find out how good or otherwise a survey site is I believe is to read what the actual users of the site are saying. They have nothing to gain by saying good or bad stuff about the site so it is a really good guide.
From what I have seen around the web there is a mix of good reviews and bad. Recently it is unfortunate there have been some poor reviews about the length of time it has been taking members to get paid, so this is obviously a bit of a concern. That is why I have marked it down and given it a low score.
3 out of 5
It is important I think to have quite a low redemption amount because it can take some time to accumulate even a small amount of cash in your survey account.
Completing surveys does not pay well, but if you do decide to try and earn money this way you don’t want to have money you can’t withdraw, especially after you have spent your valuable time building up.
At American Consumer Opinion the cash out amount is $10, which isn’t too bad, although there are better which is the reason I have given them a mid range score.
Length Of Time In Business
5 out of 5
It’s important that survey panels have been operating online for quite some time. The last thing you want is for a company to go out of business before you have have the chance to cash out your earnings.
This panel has been online since 1996 so it must be doing something right. The recent complaints however about long delays in getting paid is a bit worrying.
Features of American Consumer Opinion
- American Consumer Opinion is free to join, and although the title of the company has ‘American’ in it the membership is open to people across the globe.
- By completing surveys you earn points. 100 points is equivalent to $1.
- As previously mentioned, the cash out or redemption amount is $10 or 1000 points. When you reach the redemption amount you can be paid either by check, by deposit into your PayPal account or by donation to charity.
- The amount of points you get for completing a survey depends upon the length of the survey. The points range from 100-5000 points.
- The company will send you what is called ‘screener’ surveys. You only get up to 50 points for doing these however it is recommended that you do complete these as they keep your profile up to date so you can be considered for more surveys. The screener surveys don’t take very long to complete either
- You can get paid $1 for every new member that you refer to the site.
- Company is well established and been in operation since 1996
- Although there may be only a few opportunities, the company offers product testing which pays better.
- Decent referral program
- This is only a low earning opportunity.
- Recent complaints about pay outs being difficult or very slow.
This company is legit
American Consumer Opinion is a legitimate company operated by a marketing research company.
You can earn some extra cash by completing surveys for companies like this one, although it is a low income opportunity. Don’t give up your job however thinking this will earn enough to pay all your bills.
Remember to read the terms and conditions before signing up for any survey site to ensure you understand the rules, and you understand how your personal data is or isn’t used.
I hope you enjoyed reading my review of American Consumer Opinion.
If you would like to comment or have any experiences of working with this company that you would like to share then please leave a comment below, I will be very happy to hear from you.