Is microWorkers Legit?-A Review
Thanks for joining me today for a review of a crowd sourcing website called microWorkers.
In this review I will be finding out what you need to know about this platform, what you can earn, and what the pros and cons are likely to be should you decide to join.
What Is Microworkers?
- microWorkers is considered as an alternative to the Mechanical Turk platform. It pays workers to carry out quick tasks or ‘microjobs’
- There are many types of jobs you can carry out, here are some of them;
Carrying Out Searches
How Microworkers Works
- Once you join Microworkers simply click the Task Link which will then display the tasks, how long you have to complete the tasks and what you will earn by completing it.
- You get awarded $1 for signing up.
- You need to earn another $9 before you can cash out.
- When you request a withdrawal for the first time you will be sent a PIN via the post. This can take between 1-4 weeks to arrive. Once the PIN is received and you enter it, you will receive payment quickly. The reason microWorkers do this is to verify you as a worker and also to prevent multiple accounts.
- You are paid via PayPal, Dwolla or Moneybookers. Please note however, there is a percentage fee charged for each withdrawal.
Categories Of Jobs
There are 2 types of jobs ‘Basic’ and ‘Hire’. The Basic jobs everyone is qualified to do, however with the Hire jobs the requesters that hire people from the site choose those who are best qualified.
You can build up your reputation by performing well at tasks so that you can improve your microWorkers Success Rate.
How Much Can You Earn At Microworkers?
Jobs can pay anything up to $5 depending upon the length of time required to carry out the tasks.
The highest earning members on the site can average around $200 per month, however it isn’t likely you will get near to this when you begin as you will have to build a reputation.
Some members complain of a lack of available jobs and that limits what they earn also.
- Try to choose tasks that you know you are good at.
- Ensure that you complete tasks properly to ensure that you get your success rate up.
- A convenient way to earn a small side income from home.
- Free to join and you get $1 just for signing up
- Different payment options
- No qualifying tests to do for the tasks
- Website has a nice interface that is easy to navigate
- Low paid work
- It can take some time to withdraw your first payment as you will have to wait up to 4 weeks for the PIN to arrive by post.
- A fee is charged for withdrawing your cash.
- Your Income will be determined by how well you carry out tasks.
- Complaints about lack of available tasks.
Final Thoughts On Microworkers
This company is definitely legit.
MicroWorkers is legit as they pay you for the jobs you are given.
Unfortunately however this is only a small side income opportunity, you will not be able to create a full time income from this site alone.
If you carry out the tasks well however, and this is better achieved by sticking to jobs you know you are good at, then you should be able to increase your earnings
I think you get the most out of sites like Microworkers when you have a realistic view as to what the earning potential is.
Do you have any experience of working with microWorkers? If you do please leave a comment below if you wish to share your experiences, I will be very happy to hear from you.
Star Rating 3/5-A good platform that is reputable. The Income potential is however is quite low, although it can be increased by ensuring you perform the tasks accurately and efficiently.
When I first started out online I used sites like Microworkers to earn a small side income.
I didn’t realise at the time that ordinary folks like me were earning a full time income by working online.
I thought it was only a few online ‘gurus’ that were earning really good money by telling people they could earn a good online income too.
That was until I found a platform called Wealthy Affiliate and realised it was possible to create a successful online business from scratch and without any previous experience.
Not only that, it is completely free to get started, and you can get expert help to get you off to the best start possible.
A whole community is also available to you 24/7 to support you on your journey.
What are you waiting for? FIND OUT MORE HERE