Should You Try Ipsos i-say Surveys?-A Review
Today, in this review, I’m going to help you decide if you should try taking surveys at Ipsos I-Say.
What Is Ipsos I-Say?
Ipsos I-Say is a website that will pay you for completing surveys, and for referring others to complete surveys. The website is operated by Ipsos Insight which is a Division on Ipsos who are one of the Worlds largest marketing research companies.
Survey sites, or survey panels as they are sometimes called, collect information for market research. They may gather the information for the purpose of producing a new product or service, or they may want to know what you think of an existing product, or may want to know your opinion on certain political issues.
I have marked Ipsos I-say out of 5 on three things that are important when choosing a survey site.
2 out of 5- Not a great score as negative reviews seem to outnumber the positive ones. That said however, a lot of the complaints were about not qualifying for surveys, and this is a common complaint amongst most users of all survey sites.
Because the redemption amount is quite high (see below) not qualifying makes it more frustrating for members as they struggle to reach the pay out target.
2.5 out of 5-The redemption amount for cash is $15 which is quite high. Cards can be redeemed at $5, however I base this score upon the minimum cash amount as a lot of people prefer cash awards.
Length of time in Business
4 out of 5- This company has been around more than 5 years so this is quite a high score. The longer a survey site has been operating, the more likely they are doing more things right than they are wrong.
It also means it is less likely that they will go out of business than a new survey site, before you have had chance to reach the cash out figure (see above) and redeemed your hard earned points.
Here are some things you should know about Ipsos I-Say.
By being a member of Ipsos I-Say you can get paid in any of the following ways:
- Cash-via PayPal
- Gift Cards
- Sweepstate Entries
- Visa Pre-Paid Cards
- Air Miles (Only Canadian Residents)
- For referring a friend
- Donation to charity
- You get paid in points which can be converted into cash. 100 points is equivalent to $1.
- You can redeem Cash when you reach the minimum amount of $15 (1530 points). Cards valued at $5 can be redeemed.
- By completing a survey you can earn on average between 50-100 points.
- You can earn bonus points as part of their loyalty program.
1. 25 bonus points for doing 5 surveys
2. 50 bonus points for doing 10 surveys etc etc
- The bonus doesn’t carry over at the end of the year. The first survey you carry out at the beginning of the year counts as one, it doesn’t count as having done six if you completed five the previous year for example.
- You can pay 250 points to get entry into the sweepstakes draw.
- You get paid 100 points ($1) for each person that you refer and who completes their first survey.
- The loyalty program is a refreshing feature and isn’t found on every survey site.
- The interface is very user friendly, it is clean and it is easy to find surveys to complete.
- Payment of gift cards is instant.
- There are complaints about the system being slow or sluggish, and also when you start surveys, you find that you do not qualify, this is a common complaint that members of survey sites register (the site does however compensate you for this by awarding you 45 points).
- You have to wait between 1-3 weeks to receive cash payments.
This company is legit. Ipsos i-say is a legitimate company as it does pay you for completing the surveys it provides.
Unfortunately doing surveys at Ipsos I-say isn’t going to earn you very much. This kind of online opportunity is only going to realistically earn you a small side income to allow you to earn pocket money, or help you save.
I hope you enjoyed reading my review of Ipsos I-say, if you have any experiences working with Ipsos I-say that you want to share, or anything you want to comment on please leave it below.