Should You Try Legerweb Surveys?-My Review
Thanks for joining me for this review of Legerweb Surveys. Today I will be taking a close look at this Canadian survey site to see what it offers its members.
Survey sites can provide you with a little extra pocket money, and it’s something you can do in comfort at home.
Some survey sites however are better than others, so I’m glad you’ve decided to check out this review so you can see how it compares to others that you may have looked at.
What Is Legerweb Surveys?
Legerweb Surveys is a survey panel founded in 2004. It is the largest Canadian-owned panel based in Montreal with members across Canada and the US. It is owned and run by Canadian market research company Leger Marketing.
- Legerweb surveys is a surveys site that pays you to complete surveys, and it also pays you for referring people to the site to complete surveys.
- It is free to join.
- By joing the site you can earn its own currency called Legerweb dollars that you can, when you have enough of them,exchange for cash.
- The website boasts that it has 350,000 members
I have rated Legerweb on 4 different criteria out of 5. I consider these aspects to be important considerations when choosing a survey site that is right for you.
1. Customer Reviews
4 out of 5….I have given a good score for this. On the whole the user reviews on the Internet are quite positive. I have rated them quite high for this because most of the feedback tends to be on the positive side. The complaints are about lack of surveys for nonCanadian residents, and the usual general survey site complaint about not qualifying for surveys.
2. Redemption Amount
2 out of 5. Legerweb score quite low on this. The redemption amount is $20 which is quite high. If you want to join a platform that allows you to cash out much earlier, then check out these survey sites.
I don’t like high redemption amounts because survey sites are low paid and therefore it can take quite some time to reach the high cash out sum.
This is an especially important consideration if the survey company hasn’t been in business for long and therefore there being an increased risk of the company going out of business before you can claim your cash. Legerweb however have been around for quite some time so the risk is low. See the next category.
3. Length of time in Business
Legerweb has been in business for 12 years so I have marked this as their biggest strength. 12 years is a long time on the Internet so they must be doing something right despite some complaints.
4.Choice of Rewards
3 out of 5….I have given this a mid range score because you do get paid cash which is always best in my view, but payment is by check and therefore not an immediate payment ( see below).
You can also be rewarded air miles, the option of donating to charity and sweepstake entries.
You don’t however get the option of Giftcards from multiple retailers like a lot of other survey sites have.
If you prefer to be rewarded in cash then take a look at these platforms that pay via paypal
How And When Do You Get Paid?
By completing surveys at Legerweb you can be paid in a number of ways. You can be paid:
- Air Miles
- Cash Payment-By Check
- By Charity Donation ( Sun Youth, Canadian Cancer Charity, World WIldlife Fund)
- Sweepstake Entries
- You can also get paid $1 for each friend that you refer and who completes one survey. Check out these 10 surveys sites that pay you to refer others.
- The website at Legerweb states that once the points are earned there are up to 7 days before your account is credited. Checks can then take between 2-3 weeks to arrive.
Terms and Conditions
When joining a survey site you should always read the terms and conditions carefully so that you understand the rules.
At Legerweb for example you must provide correct, accurate and up to date information, and only one person can use an account.
If you break rules like these you will end up having your account closed and you will lose your Leger Dollars. Check the site for all the rules that apply.
- The minimum amount you can withdraw is $20 or 20 air miles.
- You must complete at least 3 surveys per year to continue as an active member.
- If you don’t exchange dollars 2 years after they have been credited to your account you will lose them.
- There are monthly prize draws that give you a chance of winning 2 x $1000 and an iPad.
- There is a free mobile app you can use to enable you to complete surveys on the go.
- It is reported that the surveys don’t take long (approx 10 mins)
- It is reported that if you are a non Canadian resident, you don’t get as many surveys to complete. If you live outside Canada you can only expect to get a few surveys per month, and get paid approximately $1 for each survey you complete. If you live in Canada you will probably get more, and may get paid more for each survey you complete.
- Payment by check is slow.
Is Legerweb Legit?
My verdict is that this survey company is legit. Legerweb surveys pays you cash for completing surveys.
However, as is the case with all legitimate survey sites like this one, you will only earn a small side income as reward for completing surveys.
You also appear to have the potential to earn a bit more cash if you are a Canadian resident as you will be sent more surveys. If you aren’t getting as many surveys from this site as you would like then It is recommended you join a number of survey sites to maximise your income.
I also don’t recommend survey sites that charge you to join, you shouldn’t have to pay anyone for you to complete surveys for them. Legerweb is free to join.
Star Rating 3/5 Good survey platform, but only available to U.S and Canadian residents. Only 3 however as payments are slow and the cash out at $20 is high.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my review of Legerweb. If you have any questions or queries regarding anything you have read in my review or if you have experience working with Legerweb that you want to share then I will be very happy to hear from you.