Should You Try Toluna Surveys? A Review
Thanks for checking out my Toluna Surveys Review. Today I will be taking a look at this survey platform to find out if you should try it out yourself.
What Is Toluna?
Toluna is owned by Toluna Group Ltd- based in Dallas Texas, and it was founded in 2000. The company boasts of 2.5 million active members Worldwide.
I have rated Toluna out of 5 on 3 important categories;
1. 3 out of 5 This is based upon reviews by users on the web. A great place to check out recent reviews of survey sites is surveypolice.com.
There is quite a mix of positive and negative reviews about Toluna. One of the most complained about things is that your points expire after 12 months. I must admit, this is quite a frustrating feature that some survey sites include within their rules.
It is a bit unfair that you should lose points that have already been earned. The only thing you can do to ensure you don’t lose points is keep a close check on when you earned the points to ensure they don’t expire.
The other complaints were focused upon not qualifying for surveys, however this is probably the most complained about thing on all survey sites.
2.5 out of 5 This is fairly high at $20, so it scores quite low. There are some survey sites that allow you to redeem as low as $1, and some allow you to redeem as soon as you have earned the points.
Length of time in Business
Features of Toluna Surveys
Toluna is a website that pays you money for doing various things such as;
- Online Surveys
- Product Testing
- Mobile Surveys
- Webcam Surveys
- Referring people to the site
It pays you in the following ways;
- Cash via PayPal
- Donations to Charities
- You can also get paid in gift cards that include the following companies..ITunes, Starbucks, Walmart, Amazon and others.
The site is complete free to join. You are paid in points that convert to cash. 3000 points is worth $1.
The minimum amount of points you must have before you can get paid is 60,000 points ($20). The amount you get paid for each survey depends upon the length and complexity of the survey you are completing.
The points you earn at Toluna are approximately 1000-5000 per survey. You also get awarded 500 points for each person that you refer.
There are also awards paid to members who are active on Toluna’s social networks.
Remember to keep a check on your points, and when you earned them. because they will expire if you are not an active member for a period of 6 months.
There is a monthly sweepstake each month for those that are members, so you are in with a slim chance of winning up to $2500. An additional entry can be made in exchange for 500 points.
Have a look at Toluna’s Corporate video below.
- Free to join.
- You get instant payment when you request a payout, unlike some survey sites who can take a number of weeks to pay you.
- A mobile app allowing you to complete surveys whilst on the go.
- There is a forum, something which every good survey site should have.
- You aren’t told how many points can be earned for every survey that you qualify for.
- You may be half way through a survey to be then told that you don’t qualify. This is a frequent complaint made by members of survey sites.
- The points you have earned expire after 12 months if they haven’t been cashed out,
- Like on all survey sites, the pay isn’t going to be great. Remember, as a member of a survey site like this one, you are not employed by them, you are a contractor. This means that you are not guaranteed to make minimum wage.
My verdict is that this survey company is legit. Toluna is a legit company as it does pay you for your opinion through their surveys. The money you are likely to earn however is only going to be a small side income for you.
If however you spend a lot of your time browsing the Internet anyway then you may decide that you may as well be completing surveys and earning a side income at Toluna.
I don’t recommend or not recommend joining a survey site to make money. I think it is really down to your own circumstances and what fits into your lifestyle.
Maybe you have a full time job and can spare an hour or two a day, or if you are a student with a bit of time to kill. A flexible job like this may come in handy to help save some money to maybe buy something you want.
It is also worth mentioning that if you do decide to complete surveys online, you join a number of them to ensure you always have surveys to complete when you want them. If you want to build the income up a bit there may not always be a survey available for you if you only work with one site.
I hope you enjoyed reading my review of Toluna. If you have any questions or want to discuss anything related to this review, or if you have had any experience of working with Toluna, please leave a comment below and I will be very happy to help.