Userlytics Review: Earn $10 per Test
Thanks for checking out this Userlytics Review.
Today I will be taking an in-depth look at this usability testing platform to find out how you can start earning $10 per test.
I will be finding out what equipment you will need, how the platform works, what the earning potential is, and everything else you need to know to get you started.
What is Userlytics?
Userlytics is an online company that recruits and pays testers to review the usability or viability of various tech products.
Examples of test projects include reviewing websites, mobile Apps, social media content, prototypes, concepts, and advertisements.
What this platform does is allow you to test products and give valuable feedback to website and project owners.
How do I get started on Userlytics?
Anyone can become a tester at Userlytics. Registration is free, and the company accepts international participants.
However, you must consider a few software and hardware requirements before joining this site. The main requirements include:
1. You must have a good quality webcam
2. Must possess a microphone for recording voice
3. PC with Windows 7 or higher OR Mac with OSX 10.7.3 or higher
4. High-speed internet connectivity
5. Standard web browser (Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari)
6. Latest version of Java
Userlytics may provide you with appropriate testing software at no cost.
The registration process
The initial step of registering requires only your name and email address. After creating your password in the next step, Userlytics will redirect you to your dashboard for you to update your profile.
Updating your profile will increase your chances of getting test invites. For this reason, it is important that you provide honest and consistent information. Userlytics will match your profile with appropriate tests before sending you an invitation to participate in a test.
Userlytics state that your name and profile will remain private, as they say only paying clients can access your demographic info for purposes of enlisting your services.
How does it work?
Userlytics will send you an invitation as soon as a test that matches your profile becomes available. In some instances a client may send an invite directly to you after viewing your demographic profile information.
Some tests require video or voice recording, while others do not.
Whatever the case, you must follow all test instructions as provided by the client. Your ability to express yourself is paramount because the project owner wants to see your emotional reactions, apart from receiving your honest opinions about the test topics.
Tests vary in length and complexity. You will be reviewing websites, adverts, videos, and web content from start-ups and well-known brands.
Companies value your feedback and they want you to help them improve their products.
What tasks will I undertake?
Some of the tasks that you will be undertaking include:
• Comparing a website’s homepage to a competitor’s
• Share your opinions on a series of adverts or videos
• Register for an account on a client’s website to test navigation, user-friendliness, and security
• Perform a mock shopping exercise to test functionality of a client’s checkout process
• Test the overall layout of a site
• Search for an item or site for SEO purposes
• Answer a series of questions
• Download and test mobile Apps such as games
How much time does a single test take?
The duration of each test depends on the complexity of the projects. Typical tests are short and do not take more than 20 minutes of your time.
How much can I earn on Userlytics?
Userlytics gives you the opportunity to earn as much as you want. However, this depends on the availability of tests. A typical 20-minute test pays $10, but you may earn more for complex projects.
Your demographics will play a part in determining the number of tests you can get in a week.
Userlytics uses a tester rating system to allow clients to appraise testers. Your ability to provide quality feedback will determine your overall rating. The higher your rating, the more test invites you will receive.
Payments and withdrawals
Userlytics does not have a minimum cashout requirement. It pays through PayPal, once every fortnight on Friday.
• Userlytics is a reputable company
• No professional skills required
• Free to join
• Worldwide membership
• High payouts
• Accepts PayPal
• Variety of projects available
• High-income potential
• No minimum cashout requirement
• You need to invest in equipment such as a webcam and microphone
• Participants must be tech-savvy
• Must have perfect communication skills
• Tests come on a first-come-first-serve basis
• Demographics may screen you out from certain tests projects
• You must have a PayPal account to receive payment
There is no doubt that Userlytics is a genuine website-testing platform. It offers you the opportunity to make money while having fun as a tester.
The tasks are not complex and anyone can become a tester on this platform. If you are looking for a reliable usability-testing platform that pays well for simple tasks, then consider joining Userlytics.
I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have any experience of working with Userlytics that you want to share here then please drop a comment below, it will be great to hear from you.