What Is UserTesting? A Review
Last Updated on
Find out what UserTesting is by reading my review below.
UserTesting is a Usability Testing Website. UserTesting pays you a cut of the money they receive from their clients who want to have their website reviewed.
UserTesting will pay you to give feedback on the user experience of their client’s websites.
This may include feedback on such things as how easy it is to read and navigate the site, to search for products, and the general layout of the site.
They want you, as a normal website user (as opposed to a professional) to give them an honest opinion of what you make of the website.
By doing this you will be giving valuable information to website owners about how their websites can improve the user experience.
- UserTesting will pay you $10 for each (approx 20 min) test that you complete. You won’t however receive tests everyday as it is dependant upon your demographic. You have to for example sometimes be a certain age, or be from a particular area.
- There are shorter tests that you can undertake too. They last approx 5 mins and pay $3.
- Once your test has been submitted, exactly 7 days later you will be paid via your PayPal account.
- You will require a P.C or Mac with Internet connection
- For mobile tests either iPhone/iPad Android phone/tablet
- Ability to speak good English
- It is free to join UserTesting. Once you join you will be required to complete a straightforward online form that gives demographic information about you such as your gender, age etc. This will enable UserTesting to know which websites are appropriate for you to test.
- Once the form is completed you will be required to record a sample video (reviewing a website from a PC or Mac computer requires you to use an online screen recorder). The sample video involves you browsing a demo website to see how effective you are at speaking about what you are seeing on the website, and giving your opinion.
- When you begin reviewing a website for real, your comments will be heard as you navigate the site
- Make sure you speak as clearly as possible to help your scoring, the score you get will affect how much work your are likely to get.
- You must be at least 18 years old to join UserTesting.
If you enjoy this kind of work you may want to look at other websites that are similar to UserTesting. I have written 3 reviews on the following companies;
- Take a look at how it all works at UserZoom
- Is there work available at UserFeel?
- Are there opportunities at TryMyUI?
- Start earning at WhatUsersDo
- A great way to earn a side income from the comfort of your own home.
- Some may find this an enjoyable activity rather than work.
- UserTesting pays promptly.
- You won’t be able to earn a lot of money from this so don’t give up your day job. Payment of $10 for 20 mins of your time is good however as the amount of tests you receive is determined by you demographics, you will not receive enough tests to earn a big income.
- Not everyone is cut out for this, and you may therefore find it difficult to think out loud as you browse a website knowing that you will be listened to.
UserTesting is legit.
UserTesting is legit as there are lots of evidence online that proves that it pays you for reviewing websites, and does so via your PayPal account.
The income potential however is unfortunately limited, so it isn’t going to be a full time income for you.
I hope you enjoyed reading my review of UserTesting. If you have worked with UserTesting and you want to share your experience please leave a comment below, I will be very happy to hear from you.