Thanks for joining me today as I discuss why I prefer to do affiliate marketing over multi-level marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a legit method of making money online, and it is something I have done for the last 4 years. Once you learn how it can be set up and run, then you can operate your affiliate marketing business from any location, and at whatever time you choose to work.
If you have a laptop and an internet connection then you are good to go. The flexibility it offers is the main reason why I recommend it highly, and above that of MLM (multi-level marketing).
Don’t get me wrong, I do believe there are some good things to say about MLM. It is for example a low cost business to get started in (compared to other businesses), and it’s also a business you can build in your spare time whilst working a day job.
However, I believe the advantages of affiliate marketing far outweigh those of MLM. Let’s first however take a look and what the main differences are between the two business models.
What Are The Differences Between Affiliate Marketing And MLM?
Multilevel marketing is a marketing strategy where a company sells its goods through a network of distributors. Whereas affiliate marketing involves a merchant or a company paying a particular amount of commission to an affiliate for making a referral to the business or selling its merchandise.
MLM works through recruitments. A distributor is invited to become a distributor through another distributor or through the general advertisement lines.
If the distributor’s choice is to work directly with the company selling, then he will earn commission by selling the products and also through recruiting other distributors, by getting a portion of commission the other distributors get.
Affiliate marketing on the other hand works on the principle of referral. If a promoter refers a buyer to a product which eventually the buyer will purchase then the promoter gets a commission. This happens if the buyer bases his or her purchases on your reviews or recommendations.
The Advantages Affiliate Marketing Has Over MLM
- Wider market – the merchant gets a wider market to sell their goods and services resulting to more sale without spending extra time to search for new customers.
- Transparency– the merchant is able to trace the origin of sales or referral. This gives the merchant guarantee for return on investment.
- Cost effective – the merchant will not incur any extra cost to acquire a new customer unless a referral or a purchase is made. This is because the affiliates are paid only when the desired action takes place. This ensures you get what you pay for.
- Passive Income-affiliates require only to post an advert on their site which will have a vast audience and can earn from views and purchases of their prospective viewers. This makes it and easy way of earning income.
- Consumer feedback – visitors to marketing site can provide valuable information to the affiliate concerning the market trends and demands. The marketer can communicate to product providers on current market dynamics. This will help merchants offer the best to their prospective customers.
- Faster Traffic Scale– recruiting more affiliates will allow you to scale traffic faster. The larger the number of pages you are linked to, the more the opportunity you have to convert the site users into paid customers. This will provide you with a way of potentially improving your ranking in the search engines and will complement your existing search engine optimization efforts.
- Marketing Experience Not Needed- although Multi-level Marketing appears to be a sit-earn opportunity, you need to work hard in marketing products and businesses especially when you are a beginner. Even when you are established, you still need prospects.
To me it is clear that affiliate marketing outdoes the MLM marketing strategy. Affiliate marketing does not leverage the multi-level commission tier of MLM. You earn from both recruiting new distributor to your line and making a referral to different product and merchants.
The greatest problem with MLM in my view is that you cannot count on yourself alone to get the job done. You become totally dependent on people to stay motivated and to make sales. You require an efficient team ready to buy ideas and that have a strategy of working.
Affiliate marketing gets the advantage of an investor who earns 100% of benefits of his/her efforts. Why should you work and share a part of your commission with someone who you are not sure he/she is working? Affiliate marketing is free to get started, and you choose the products to promote, making it clearly the best choice.
I hope you can too see the huge benefits and the potential there is to pursue a career in affiliate marketing. It is a business that you can get started in right away for free if you follow THIS LINK.
Getting the right training is a vital first step in your affiliate marketing career. Our top rated platform will teach you how to build your affiliate marketing business from the ground up.
You get a free website, free training and unlimited support once you join our recommended training program. It has been in existence since 2005 so they know a thing or two about showing others how to succeed as an affiliate marketer.
If you are determined to gain control of your career and financial future then I highly recommend you check out what they have to offer. FIND OUT MORE HERE